Would you like to help guide the future business initiatives, share insight on historic preservation, and have a say in recreational programs in Falls Township?
Falls Township is seeking volunteers to serve on seven advisory boards. The level of involvement varies, with some bodies meeting on an as-needed basis, while others play a larger or more active role.
Serving on boards, commissions and committees is a great way for residents to stay updated about the topics of greatest interest. Volunteers can take pride in helping to shape their community now and into the future.
Here’s an overview of the various board openings:
- The planning commission is comprised of five members and three alternates.
- The commission meets the fourth Tuesday of the month at 7 p.m.
- The planning commission currently has one opening for an alternate position. Alternates serve four-year terms.
Disabled Persons Advisory Board
- The five-member board meets on an as-needed basis on the third Thursday of the month at 7 p.m.
- The board has two vacancies for a four-year term.
Historic Architectural Review Board
- The five-member board ensures historic integrity throughout the township.
- The board also advises owners of historic buildings regarding rehabilitation, repairs, maintenance methods and technologies, adaptive use, economic and tax incentives, and other historic preservation strategies.
- The board has one five-year vacancy – to be filled by a registered architect or qualified building contractor.
Parks and Recreation Advisory Board
- The Parks and Recreation Advisory Board meets the first Tuesday of each month at 7 p.m.
- The board is comprised of seven members.
- Each member serves a five-year term.
- There is one vacancy for a five-year term.
Zoning Hearing Board
- The Zoning Hearing Board is a five-member board with members serving five-year terms.
- The board is also comprised of three alternate members who serve three-year terms.
- The Zoning Hearing Board meets every second Tuesday of the month at 7 p.m.
- The board advises the Falls Township Board of Supervisors in matters such as appropriate land usage, parking facilities and signs, as well as adherence to lot dimensional regulations and minimum structural standards.
- The board has two openings for a three-year term for alternate members.
Cable Advisory Board
- The Cable Advisory Board is a five-member board with members serving three-year terms.
- The board meets quarterly at 8 p.m.
- The board has four openings available and one alternate vacancy.
Historical Preservation Commission
- The Historic Preservation Commission is a five-member board with five-year terms.
- The commission meets on a special schedule at 7 p.m.
- The commission has one vacancy for a five-year term.
If interested in joining any of these volunteer advisory bodies email a letter of interest to the attention of the Falls Township Supervisors at firstname.lastname@example.org.